March 2020… The whole world is affected by COVID-19. A pandemic that the modern society has never seen before.
- Complete countries are in “lock-down”.
- Most of the consumer airspace is closed due to all travel bans
- Children can’t go to school anymore and receive home education, which has a major impact on everyone’s daily activities.
- People work from home and stay indoor as much as possible to slow down the spread of the virus. In order to give our “heroes” of the healthcare sector a little breathing space to provide care to those whom are infected by the virus.
The government has appealed to the working population in the vital sectors, to continue their work as much as possible, to guarantee “ business as usual” in the Netherlands and Europe.
We quickly found out what it meant – since VTS’ core business (pharma transport) belongs to “the vital sector” as you can see below:
- Transport of pharmaceuticals throughout all of Europe.
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals.
- Last mile deliveries in the ‘Benelux’ to:
From day 1, our drivers stepped in their trucks, without any hesitation – but with the utmost respect for this precarious situation – and have delivered the medicines wherever these were urgently needed.
Also our warehouse personnel have kept working flat-out throughout this whole uncertain period. Necessary precautions have been implemented to ensure our warehouse staff are protected as much as possible
“Social distancing” resulted in halve of the team working from the Boxmeer office location and the other halve working from their homes. This, to ensure the continuity from our office /operational team.
Taking all the above into consideration, we want to express – to all VTS employees:
Our outmost respect!
You are an amazing team, of which we are very proud of!
That’s why we would like to thank you again for your countless efforts, and for being so committed in this difficult time. Let’s make Europe a little “ better” with delivering the medicines where necessary to those whom need them the most.
We’d also like to thank our customers, loading- and unloading addresses, for making it possible for our drivers to safely continue working.
”Keep on rolling and stay safe!”
Please find hereby a small selection of the beautiful words that we have received from our clients:
‘’I want to express my personal gratitude for the outstanding support which VTS team has been providing to ‘’us’’ in these unprecedented times of supply chain disruptions’’
‘‘I know you are doing a great job to deliver every day ‘’our’’ products worldwide. Once again thank you to you and your teams.’’